Sunday, April 20, 2008

Waikiki Weekend

On Saturday we went to Waikiki to spend some time at the Hale Koa, an all military resort. It's great, it's just like all the other hotels except everything is half the price and you can get into the pool even if you aren't a registered guest- you just need your military ID. It's right on the beach, too, so going from pool to sand is a breeze! I would've taken some pictures of Sofia swimming, but she kept trying to splash me. She certainly enjoyed herself, especially her shaved ice (they don't call them snow cones here) that Daddy bought for her.

We're really going to miss days like this, but I know that afternoons at Nana's pool and hikes at Grandpa's house will be so much fun! And ROADTRIPS. You don't realize how much you miss roadtrips until you live on an island. It takes a whole two hours to get around this rock. Big whoop. :)





2 comments:

biddles and scootch said...

yeah...I'm jealous!

Unknown said...

I'm excited for your roadtrips too because I can't wait to see you!! SF and I miss you tons!