Monday, January 12, 2009

The Holiday Season



December was kind of a bear for me this year. It was so nice to be in California and have cool weather and rain on Christmas day(!), but this pregnancy is really kicking my butt so it was difficult for me to get everything prepared. We made it though, so I can look back on it with a smile.

One afternoon my sister Cassie came over with her three boys and baked gingerbread men, sugar cookies, and fudge with me and Sofia. The kids named themselves the "tasters", so that was their main job. It was a ton of fun, and we got a lot accomplished. I think we baked for about eight hours!!

Sofia and I also logged a lot of hours at the mall, and one afternoon we had a nice lunch together and went to see Santa. Sofia was not to keen on sitting on the boisterous old man's lap, so thankfully I was prepared and ready to sit with her. Even then, I told the photographer to take it quickly!!


On Christmas Eve, our family went to my Grandpa and Grandma Sawyer's house in Solana Beach. They love seeing the great-grandkids, and it was good to see them again as well. After a few hours there, we drove up to Temple City to see Grandma June and the rest of the Mutters.



Christmas morning we spent at our own house, but that afternoon we went to my mom's house for lunch and dinner. The whole family was there (my brother and his family, my sister and her family), and Sofia went crazy all day long opening gifts, playing with her cousins, and stealing candy and cookies from the table. She really enjoyed the holiday this year and made everything worth it. And isn't that what it's all about?


My first rainbow since we left Hawaii... I'm glad it came on Christmas morning. :)

Jim starting the fire on Christmas morning.


Presents!







At Nana's house



No comments: